Swedish Meatball Sauce
This is a reasonably healthy and simple sauce to go with your meatballs and mash. I’d probably suggest making more than enough servings and then pouring over the sauce until each person says “when”.
• If having with meatballs, precook them first (fully) and then add to the sauce after the cream cheese has blended in. Let them bask in the sauce while it simmers.
• The sauce is surprisingly nice with spaghetti instead of mashed potato.
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Soy sauce (light or dark is fine)
- 4 tbsp low calorie soft cream cheese
1. In a saucepan, bring the beef stock to a simmer and then add the mustard and soy sauce. Let it simmer and reduce a little over 5 minutes.
2. Slowly add and stir in the cream cheese. Allow to simmer and reduce for another 5-10 minutes.
It’s done when you’re happy with how it looks.
Season it to taste and enjoy. It’s incredibly moorish, so be generous!