Slow-cooker Cuban Beef Stew
Warm your cockles with the gentle heat from this stew, inspired by Pinch of Nom.
- 400g stewing beef, diced
- 250ml beef stock
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 red or white wine stock pot
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Prepare the ingredients as instructed.
2. Season the diced steak with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
3. Bring a frying pan to medium heat with a dash of oil or cooking spray in it. Brown the meat on all sides.
4. Add all the ingredients, with the meat, to the slow cooker.
5. Set the slow-cooker to high for 6 hours or medium for 8 hours, or better yet “auto” if the option is available.