Oven-baked leek and bacon risotto
- olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked bacon medallions, roughly chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- 125g risotto rice
- 350ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- half a cup of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp soft cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp of dried mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6.
2. Tip the oil into an ovenproof casserole dish.
3. Add bacon and fry for 2 mins. Then add the leeks and cook until soft, but not coloured, for about 4-5 mins.
5. Tip in rice and cook for 1 min more (until the rice starts to go translucent). Pour over stock, add the mixed herbs and season.
6. Cover and place in the oven for 15 mins
7. Remove from oven. Stir in the peas and return to the oven for 5 mins or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
8. Remove from the oven and stir in the soft cheese.
9. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top .